Monday, April 6, 2009

Let there be cake and pie!

We had a vegan food stall yesterday at the Really really free market, the food didn't last long, we didn't even get a chance to set up properly!
Naomi's lentil pies were delicious, Chrissy's chocolate/fruit slice was rich and moreish! Amy brought some yummy looking chocolate cupcakes which I didn't even get to try as they went so fast! Michael's mushroom wontons were also very good, I have never eaten wontons cold before!

Photobucket

I made cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the world. This book is a must for any cupcake lover!

Photobucket

I made the basic chocolate cupcakes, you can find the recipe here
they looked pretty topped with a rich chocolate ganache or simply dusted with icing sugar.

Photobucket

I also made the vanilla cupcakes, you can find the recipe here
I made a simple lemon/coconut icing out of icing sugar, lemon juice and desiccated coconut.


More recipes to come from the RRFM!


Posted by Kristin

3 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous and my mouth is watering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes cakes were very good Kristin!!! Naomi, those lentil thingys were awesome too, didn't get to try anything else,, oh yeah, i demand that everyone looks at my art!!! greglongman.blogspot.com hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is a lovely Blog,do forward the link to all the Vegans on FB.Seems like you guys had a ball there!lure people with Cupcakes to turn them into vegans...thats not a bad Idea!lol..Kristin sorry again that I couldnt make it:-(

    ReplyDelete